TIPS TO ENSURE CONSIGNMENT SUCCESS
- We look for items purchased within the last 2 years
- CLEAN AND LIKE-NEW
- Impeccable condition is what we look for. Items need to be freshly cleaned, pressed or steamed and on hangers.
- Skirts or pants should be folded over the hangers. Do not use pins to hold pieces in place. Investing in a pill shaver and a lint brush will go a long way to preparing your items.
- Check over everything for pilling, stains, collar marks, underarm marks, thread pulls etc.
- Check that all buttons, zippers and fasteners are in good working order.
- Items with odors from perfume, tobacco, mold, moth balls etc. will not be consigned.
- Items with pet hair will not be consigned.
- Polish and clean shoes. Wipe down purses inside and out. Shoes, purses and accessories may be in boxes or bags. They should look new, or have no visible signs of wear.
- A HANGER FOR EVERYTHING
- Hangers are a must. Please do not put multiple items on one hanger. If you need hangers, stop into the store ahead of time and we’ll be happy to supply them. If you’d like your hangers returned, just let us know when you drop your items off and we’ll be happy to give them back to you. Clothing items not presented on hangers may not be looked at due to time constraints.
Brands that SELL WELL
This is just a sampling of brands that our customers love, there are too many to list here. What they’re shopping for is better quality brands and designer brands such as:
- Joseph Ribkoff
- Frank Lyman
- Tory Burch
- Louis Vuitton
- Kate Spade
- Michael Kors
BRANDS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Some brands are sold so reasonably to begin with there is very little resale value in them. The following list is a small sample of brands not accepted.
- BUM Equipment
- Costa Blanca
- Denver Hayes
- Forever 21
- G 21
- H & M
- Joe Fresh
- Love 21
- Old Navy
- Smart Set
- Suzy Shier
- Tan Jay
- Payless brands
Items we are not currently accepting
Due to shopping trends we periodically make changes to the types of items we carry. At this time we are not taking the following:
- Scarves (unless they are a high-end brand)
- Bridal Wear
- Grad Dresses
- Vintage Wear